Nelo warrants the boat, except for excluded items, and when properly used, will be free of defects in materials or workmanship for a period of 24 months from the moment it has been assessed for damages due to transport, validation must be done within 30 days, time when the warranty will be automatically validated.
Warranty on other Composite Parts
The following parts: Seat, Foot Rest, Rudder, Hatch, and Number Holder warranted to be free of defects in materials or workmanship for a period of 24 months starting at the same time as the boat’s warranty. Warranty is valid only when the products are properly used.
Transfer of Warranty
If you sell the boat during the warranty period, your buyer may receive the benefit of the balance of the warranty by agreeing to be bound by its terms.
To obtain a list or confirm that you are dealing with an Authorized Dealer contact Nelo.
Nelo gives no warranty of the following:
- Any components manufactured other than by Nelo. Any components manufactured by companies other than Nelo
- Sun and heat damage – If the boat is exposed to the sun and/or high temperatures for long periods of time it may cause some damages to the composite. In that case, the warranty shall be voided
- Osmotic Blistering: Nelo boats are designed for high performance and top speed and are meant to be stored dry in order to protect their surface coating. The coating and its thickness were designed with performance in mind and were not meant to be exposed to the sun or stored wet. If the boat is left in a wet cover, stored wet, stored in very humid environment, or not properly dried, osmosis warranty shall be voided
- Varnished boats: boats with complex designs usually need a layer of varnish as a final coating. This material doesn’t have the same properties as a regular gel coat, thus needing some extra care. Not observing the following rules will void the warranty:
- Don’t apply solvents
- Avoid contact with abrasives
- Have extra care when handling not to bump it hard
- Use a cover whenever possible
- Do not tie it down too tight
- Minor discrepancies in the desired design and small cosmetic errors do not entitle you to deductions or returns.
Limitation of Coverage
Nelo or Official Nelo Dealers only provide warranty service in a 300Km radius within the same landmass, unless stated otherwise by the local dealer.
Limitation of Damages
Nelo and Official Nelo Dealers disclaim any liability to you for incidental, consequential, or indirect damages, including loss of time, loss of use, loss of revenue, travel expenses, transportation charges, food or lodging charges, or loss of personal property. In such jurisdictions that these exclusions are limited to Nelo expressly limits its liability for damages to the greatest extent allowed by law.
This warranty is the sole warranty given by Nelo. Any questions about the warranty should be directed to Nelo – Mar Kayaks at firstname.lastname@example.org.