Marathon Kayak Pogies
Brača-Sport Pogies provide water and wind protection for your hands while still allowing direct hand contact with your paddle.
- Super light: We have weighed these pogies at 33grams each! (slightly less than 7 US Nickels), super light!
- Do not absorb water: Stay light, no cooling from evaporation.
- Stay open: Very easy to get your hand in and out, they don’t collapse.
- Best Above 40F/4.5C degrees: My hands tend to not get cold, and have found these work great down to 40F/4.5C degrees. For lower temperatures, I switch to heavier neoprene.
Braca Accessories for Kayaking, Pogies to keep hands warm
Braca also makes a Canoe Pogie! And a Standard Kayak Pogie.
Brača-Sport Pogies provide water and wind protection for your hands while still allowing direct hand contact with your paddle. Two models are available for kayak and one for canoe:
- Kayak Marathon – Lightweight ballistic nylon, shorter wrist coverage for minimal time loss at the portages.
- Kayak Standard – Lightweight ballistic nylon, longer sleeve approx 1/2 way to elbow for more protection but still direct contact with paddle
- Canoe Sprint – Lightweight ballistic nylon, specially designed for canoe sprint (handle gripping hand and shaft hand)
Standard pogies are lightweight ballistic nylon that allows direct contact with shaft while stopping cold air and water
Cool Weather Pogies for Canoe Sprint, one envelope for shaft hand and one for handle gripping hand.